JUST FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS AND YOU
CAN BE SURE OF A SUCCESSFUL RESULT EVERYTIME
1. Completely clean all tarnish and corrosion from the rigid copper pipe exterior and the fitting or connector interior using 60 grit sandpaper included in the kit. The 60-grit sandpaper cuts into the copper pipe providing a greater surface for the bonding. (See figure 1)
2. Shake contents in bottle thoroughly before using. For pipes up to 25mm (1 inch) follow steps 3 to 5. For pipes larger than 25mm (1 inch) diameter proceed to step 7.
3. Apply a thin bead of JUST-FOR-COPPER™ around the entire inner diameter of the copper fitting or connector. The thin bead should be applied around the leading edge. (See figure 2 – do not apply heavy bead that drips.)
4. Apply a thin bead of JUST-FOR-COPPER™ around the entire outer diameter of the copper pipe – use a wave pattern around the leading edge of the pipe as illustrated.
5. Insert the copper pipe fully into the connector in one continual motion, then quickly twist 360 degrees. IMPORTANT: the time, starting when the pipe and connector are first joined, until the last twist should not exceed 5-seconds. (See figure 3) The weld is set in 10-seconds and fully bonded in 45-seconds. You can connect the next joint after 1-minute, but allow 7 minute set time before manipulating the weld. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you cannot twist the connector or pipe after inserting, follow the procedure in Step 7. Omit Step 7 if the weld can twisted.
6. Allow bond to cure for a minimum of 7 minutes before pressure testing up to 200 psi. Allow 24-hours before conducting pressure test from 200 to 500 psi. In repairs, the water can be turned back on after 7 minutes. JUST-FOR-COPPER™ reaches its maximum strength and is fully cured in 24 hours.
7. Follow this step only when the weld cannot be twisted within the first 5-seconds after joining or when working with pipes larger than 25mm (1 inch) diameter. Apply a thick bead of JUST-FOR-COPPER™ around the inner leading edge of the connector or fitting and around the outer leading edge of the pipe. Using your finger, with a soft pressure, spread the JUST-FOR-COPPER™ over the entire inner surface of the connector or fitting and the entire outer bonding surface of the copper pipe. Now, insert the copper pipe directly into the connector or fitting without twisting.